For our last Advocacy Day event in 2019, many of you joined us in Washington, D.C. to bring your stories to the halls of power and tell the leaders of our country how your lives, and the lives of your loved ones, are impacted by this terrible disease. Your hard work and passionate storytelling paid off!
Thanks to our collective ME/CFS advocacy efforts, we achieved unprecedented, bipartisan victories for ME/CFS research!
This year, you’ve already broken the record for the largest and most impactful participation ever with our 2020 Virtual ME/CFS Advocacy day and we’re not done yet!
We’re working overtime to extend the deadline for registration to Friday April 10!
To amplify our voices, we want to reach as many Members of Congress as possible, and we need voices from these key states where we have ZERO participants so far:
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
If you live in or have family in these states, please register for 2020 virtual ME/CFS Advocacy Day REMOTE meetings.
Just 15 minutes on the phone with your Member of Congress can change the course of ME/CFS research!
We need EVERYONE to call for more action and funding for ME/CFS!
Register before APRIL 10 at: http://go.solvecfs.org/e/192652/dvocacy-day-2020-registration-/24kphn/154250677?h=GilyTRbkOLeeUC8xn9bSd3iIged1kFJdhxUIEZNkbzM
Our team will provide you with training, materials, and a personalized schedule delivered by email no later than Friday April 17.
No experience? No problem! Join our online training! We will ensure every team has an experienced team member able to assist.
In Case you Missed it: New Virtual ONLINE ME/CFS Advocacy Week events announced!
- Solving M.E. Together: Remote Congressional Meeting Training Thursday April 16 at 5pm ET: Join Solve M.E. Advocacy Director, Emily Taylor and our Prime Advocacy partners to learn everything you need to know for Advocacy Day remote meetings on Tuesday April 21 including:
1) How to use your mobile app
2) Best practices for meetings
3) A complete overview of our advocacy strategy and requests.
- Save the Date: Solve M.E. Advocacy Day Office Hours Monday April 20 from 4:00pm – 9:00pm ET
Have questions about Advocacy day meetings? Congress? Need help with your App? Stop by for a ZOOM video conference with your Solve M.E. and Prime Advocacy teams to chat.
- Connect with other advocates from your State on the ME/CFS Advocacy Week and DC Lobby Day 2020 Facebook group.
Please visit www.MEAdvocacyWeek.com for more information about additional events, online trainings and other opportunities.
Take your advocacy to the NEXT LEVEL with one of our CHAMPION ADVOCACY KITS.
These personalized tool kits will make your advocacy week actions even easier by coming pre-filled with your Congressmember’s information along with a guide and checklist. Plus, Solve M.E. Advocacy week CHAMPIONS will have extra “office hours” with our own Emily Taylor to help you every step of the way. Each package will be mailed to your home with free Solve M.E. gifts! Your selection helps defray our costs and you can choose from:
- Tweet D.C. Champion Package ($35) for online and social media actions
- D.C. Remote Champion Package ($65) for phone and fax actions
- D.C. to M.E. Champion Package ($125) for district meeting and local community actions
*note* General Advocacy Kits will be available online for free at www.MEAdvocacyWeek.com