Will You Help Us Fight ME/CFS Next Year?June 19, 2019
You’ve probably already heard about our $75,000 matching challenge, but did you know that it applies to our ADVOCACY program too? We hope you’ll consider giving a gift to Solve M.E. in support of our Advocacy and Community Relations program. Check out this message from our Director of Advocacy, Emily Taylor.
We are so proud ME/CFS Advocacy Week and our events in Washington, DC. But those are just a few of our many efforts designed to help build better lives for people with ME/CFS.
Our Advocacy & Community Relations program also:
- Builds powerful coalitions with organizations outside of the ME/CFS, such as Women’s Health Equity Coalition, the Genetics Alliance, the Chronic Illness Advocacy & Awareness Group, and Research!America, because we need strong allies to be successful
- Conducts state and local level grassroots training workshops to drive local advocacy initiatives, even providing local grants for medical education and publications!
- Provides ME community members and their medical providers with free informational tools like webinars, pamphlets, and print publications
- Works with news outlets to help share factual, useful information about this widely misunderstood disease and provides fact-checking and corrections when media outlets falsely represent ME/CFS
- Speaks up on behalf of the ME/CFS community when powerful organizations, such as the Regents of the University of California Health Services Committee, ask how they can better serve our needs
Your gift today sets the course for our Advocacy and Community Relations strategy in the year ahead and beyond. With your support, our advocacy program can react to new opportunities to improve clinical care for ME/CFS without sacrificing our strategic plan to increase federal research funding.
Your generous donation makes all of this possible.
Thanks to a matching gift challenge by two generous donors, you can double your impact when you make a gift by June 30. All gifts up to $75,000 will be matched!
And now through June 30, you may choose to receive a free Solve M.E. branded tumbler when you increase your gift and bill your credit card for a minimum of $10 per month for 12 months ($120 total) OR increase your one-time gift to a minimum of $120 or more. *
*Some restrictions apply