FACEBOOK GUIDELINESSeptember 26, 2015
PLEASE READ BEFORE PARTICIPATING ON THIS PAGE
The goal of our Facebook page is to share information and create a community in a dialogue. Through this page, we seek to promote open and constructive communication related to the subjects addressed here while providing a forum for patients and those that care about them to pose their questions, share information, seek input from others and connect with other members of the ME/CFS community. Our moderators will never block a post simply because it is critical of our organization or an individual, as long as the criticism does not violate the guidelines provided below.
These guidelines have been developed for the protection of all who participate on this page. The posts of those who violate the prohibited conduct explained below will be deleted. Repeat violators will be banned from the site.
- No cursing, foul language, personal attacks or nasty remarks (also known as “flaming”).
- No commercial announcements – e.g., no promoting any products, services or business opportunities. Comments from individuals about treatments they found to be helpful may remain on the blog; posts from commercial entities will be removed.
- No proselytizing (trying to convert anyone to your religious or political beliefs).
- No questioning a poster’s degree of illness (e.g., no “I’m sicker than you are,” or “You can’t REALLY have CFS” implications).
- No posting of content generally deemed offensive (e.g,. graphic description of sexual or violent acts, or bodily functions).
- No use of material protected by intellectual property law (e.g., copyrights, trademarks).
- No off-topic rants — e.g., short, concise comments on an individual post’s topics versus expressing lengthy world views and passions.
- No linking back to affiliate programs in the body of comments and/or as a link or anchor text in the commentor’s name.
Very Good Ideas
- Give newcomers a break. Everyone’s new sometime, and newbies naturally make inadvertent mistakes.
- Brevity is a good thing. If you want your message read, you’re best off keeping it short and on-topic. Most readers will just automatically skip past long, rambling messages.
The content of the organization’s Facebook page is provided as a free public information service by the Solve ME/CFS Initiative . Third parties and users of this page may post information here for the benefit of other users. The Solve ME/CFS Initiative is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any information posted by third parties. The views expressed are those of the person posting the information and, unless specifically stated, are not those of the Solve ME/CFS Initiative .
This Facebook page will often include links to external websites. These links are provided only to assist users in locating additional information. The Solve ME/CFS Initiative is not responsible for any of the content of these external websites. Also, some external links may be to websites that offer commercial services, such as online purchases. The inclusion of a link to an external website should not be understood as an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services). The Solve ME/CFS Initiative reserves the right to refuse to include links or to delete links posted that are to websites created for the purpose of denigrating the integrity of SMCI and legitimate, rigorous, ME/CFS research.
The Solve ME/CFS Initiative welcomes and encourages comments on this page and retains the right to accept or edit comments. The information on the SMCI Facebook page is not intended to replace the professional medical advice of members of your health care team. For information about the diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS, consult qualified medical professionals.