BLOG GUIDELINESApril 16, 2014
PLEASE READ BEFORE PARTICIPATING ON THIS BLOG
Through this blog, we seek to promote open and constructive communication related to the subjects addressed here. Our moderators will never block a post simply because it is critical of an organization or an individual, as long as the criticism does not violate the guidelines provided below.
These guidelines have been developed for the protection of all who participate on this blog. The posts of those who violate the prohibited conduct explained below will be deleted. Repeat violators will be banned from the site.
- No cursing, foul language, personal attacks or nasty remarks (also known as “flaming”).
- No commercial announcements – e.g., no promoting any products, services or business opportunities. Comments from individuals about treatments they found to be helpful may remain on the blog; posts from commercial entities will be removed.
- No proselytizing (trying to convert anyone to your religious or political beliefs).
- No questioning a poster’s degree of illness (e.g., no “I’m sicker than you are,” or “You can’t REALLY have CFS” implications).
- No posting of content generally deemed offensive (e.g,. graphic description of sexual or violent acts, or bodily functions).
- No use of material protected by intellectual property law (e.g., copyrights, trademarks).
- No submissions from email addresses that cannot be authenticated.
- No spamming (to include the deliberate abuse of this system to promote another website).
- No off-topic rants — e.g., short, concise comments on an individual post’s topics versus expressing lengthy world views and passions.
- No linking back to affiliate programs in the body of comments and/or as a link or anchor text in the commentor’s name.
Very Good Ideas
- Give newcomers a break. Everyone’s new sometime, and newbies naturally make inadvertent mistakes.
- Brevity is a good thing. If you want your message read, you’re best off keeping it short and on-topic. Most readers will just automatically skip past long, rambling messages.
The content of the SolveCFS website is provided as a free public information service by the Solve ME/CFS Initiative . Third parties and users of this website may post information to the site for the benefit of other users. The Solve ME/CFS Initiative is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any information posted by third parties. The views expressed are those of the person posting the information and, unless specifically stated, are not those of the Solve ME/CFS Initiative .
This SolveCFS website may also include links to external websites. These links are provided only to assist users in locating additional information. The Solve ME/CFS Initiative is not responsible for any of the content of these external websites. Also, some external links may be to websites that offer commercial services, such as online purchases. The inclusion of a link to an external website should not be understood as an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services). The Solve ME/CFS Initiative reserves the right to refuse to include links to websites created for the purpose of denigrating the integrity of the Association and legitimate, rigorous, ME/CFS research.
The Solve ME/CFS Initiative welcomes and encourages comments on the website and retains the right to accept or edit all comments. The Association retains ownership of all comments, posts and responses submitted to the site.
The information on SolveCFS is not intended to replace the professional medical advice of members of your health care team. For information about the diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS, consult qualified medical professionals.